ads

How to Make Big Money Online, the Kardashians, You Won't Believe This Woman, Average Guy Making Millions and Carnage Continues in Chicago

Are those enough SEO phrases to generate a few glances?

As I have logged on to my Yahoo! account thousands of times over the years, I typically see sponsored content and headlines screaming the above at me.

By the way, I fucking hate the Kardashians and anything to do with any of them, but I continue getting inundated with stories about this family to this day.  I don't care one whit who is fucking who, who is pissed at who, about Kim Kardashian's lovely rear end or her doomed marriage to Kanye West.

Image result for kim kardashian's butt
Source: Perez Hilton
I have read dozens or maybe even hundreds of posts about how to make money online, but I still have not made any.  Don't ask me.  I could easily regurgitate the content on the many articles that I have read on the subject about sponsored content, pay-per-click, Google AdSense (which I have installed on this blog), Amazon Affiliates and the like, but I would be lying for now.

I haven't made squat.

I earn about $400 per day at my real job, Thank God, because I could not purchase a cup of coffee on what I have made so far on Money Mensch, let alone quit my job and travel the World in style.  You have to be way more tech-savvy, far more attractive and at least fifteen (twenty?) years younger than I am to do a travel the World blog like this guy who I read about a few weeks ago.

Image result for travel the world blog
Source: burger Abroad
You Won't Believe this Woman!  I should probably do posts like this every day instead of writing what I have learned from reading books and articles about money, retirement, generating income and socioeconomic class but, then again, this is my blog.

I'm a mensch who is also middle aged and residing in the Midwest.  I pay a ton of bills and just paid the first monthly installment for our son's third year of college, a $2,905 payment that will transact in about two days.  More on that later.
Image result for you won't believe this woman
Source: Amazingwomen2015.blogspot.com
I refuse to click on the Average Guy Making Millions post that appears early in my Yahoo! feed every day when I log on.  Obviously having tagged me as an average guy who spends a lot of time reading Yahoo! Finance and clicking on a lot of articles about investing and the stock market, their search engine figures that I am an average guy looking to make some extra dough.  That I am.
Image result for average guy making millions
Source: cashoverflow.in

The Carnage in Chicago does continue.  Every day around where I live, you hear about more shootings, murders and senseless deaths in the ghettos of Chicago.  We white suburbanites are not supposed to point out that it is about 95% black guys shooting other black guys.  We are supposed to be outraged at the two or three sensational police shootings per year when a white officer kills a black offender.  Jessie Jackson and Father Pfleger come out against that, especially when the TV cameras are there.

I do not write that lightly.  I worked in so-called "community corrections" in the most Violent City (not per capita, but total murders and mayhem) for six years. I worked with the Scum of the Scum, and things have not improved in the eighteen years since I moved on to better, safer and higher paying employment.
Image result for chicago murders
Source: thehigherlearning.com
Two more Yahoo! sponsored content headings that I saw this afternoon also caused me to chuckle, both related to money:
  • Penny Stock Called 'The New Amazon'
  • A Jaw-Dropping 40,000 Points Intro Bonus!
Wow!  I would love to get into the next Amazon while it is a penny stock, wouldn't you?  The funny thing is, there just may be a penny stock out there that will shoot up to the hundreds or even a thousand some day, but I doubt that you will learn about it by clicking on an ad.

Also, 40,000 credit card points would be great, but I do not know if that would qualify my family for free flights to Arizona this December, or if it would equate to $40.00 bucks off shopping somewhere, with a $100 annual card fee.  I will never find out.

So, sorry in advance that I intend to write shorter, snappier posts with more SEO phrases.  I could lie and say that I just blog for fun but the truth is that I really need to make some money, and soon, by doing this.

I read several bloggers regularly, myself.  Not Huffington Post or Perez Hilton or other top-ten blogs.

My very favorite blogger is James Altucher and I read nearly all of his posts on LinkedIn.  I will write about James and his posts at some future date.

I also read Seth Godin's posts, although they are typically only a few sentences.  A month's worth of his posts probably equate to as many words as my average post, but I got interested in his writing after purchasing and reading one of his books called Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us.


On one of his posts titled "The Candy Diet," Godin wrote that "the economics seem to be that the only way to make a living is to reach a lot of people and the only way to reach a lot of people is to race to the bottom, seek out quick clicks, make it easy to swallow, reinforce existing beliefs, keep it short, make it sort of fun, or prurient, or urgent, and most of all, dumb it down."

If you see more posts that are filled with keywords and less written from the heart, please forgive me. I need people to click on a few ads.

The Money Mensch's family has a mounting, almost overwhelming amount of bills this month.  On this 12th day of August in 2018, I am looking at another twelve grand flying out of our account this month with no reduction in sight.

One final note: When I hit the "publish" button for this post, it will be my 88th post on Money Mensch since starting it on February 3rd.  I have about eighteen more in draft form and still have hundreds of posts that I intend to write.

Accomplishing the Resolution of 100 posts this year seems easily attainable, but I know that there will be many beautiful late summer and fall days ahead when I would rather live a full life than record my thoughts for a small number of readers.

I glanced at a book about blogging (but did not buy it) at a local bookstore recently that suggested committing to three posts per week, so I think that my new Resolution should be 150 posts next year.

In closing, should you come across some shorter, snappier posts on the Money Mensch with references to awesome new products, ways of making big money online or even the Kardashians, you'll know that I am just "racing to the bottom" as Seth Godin wrote and fishing for clicks.

Like the title of one of my old Kinks records, I need to Give the People What they Want.

Image result for kinks give the people what they want
Sometimes you have to give the people what they want.

Comments